Help Needed From Melbourne/Victorian Packrafters

Packrafting trips and tales from down under.
PeterG52
Help Needed From Melbourne/Victorian Packrafters

Post by PeterG52 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:24 pm

Hello

I am looking to purchase either an Alpacka Yukon Yak or Denali Llama but have only seen pics and would like to at least sit in these two before proceeding to puchase.

I am in Middle Park but travel to Cental Victoria, East/South Gippsland and Geelong area a few times a year. So, if you think you can assist (in exchange for a bottle of red or white), please PM me.

Regards

Peter

markfowl

Re: Help Needed From Melbourne/Victorian Packrafters

Post by markfowl » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:09 pm

Hi Peter, just got your voicemail.
Unfortunately, I don't own the Alpaca Brand of Packraft. I have one of the NRS packrafts which are VERY different to the Alpaca brand.
I haven't had the opportunity to use it much yet, really just been playing about on grade 2 water getting a feel for the boat and practicing some skills. Haven't really done any packraft trips though.
If you are keen for a paddle, give me a shout. Generally best to email me .... markfowler@netspace.net.au
Mark.

richo

Post by richo » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:39 pm

I'll be back in Melbourne, with my yak, in October if you haven't had the chance to check one out by then.

PeterG52

Post by PeterG52 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:29 pm

Thank you for your responses.

Mark, I've sent you an email.

Richo, thank you for your offer and if I haven't seen a Yukon Yak by October, I'll take you up on your offer.

Haydn

Post by Haydn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 pm

Hey Peter, I have an Alpacka here in Melbourne which you are welcome to take a look at - would prefer beer:)