Getting A Group Together for Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky

Looking for a partner or need help with logistics? Post here!
androidmids

Getting A Group Together for Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky

Post by androidmids » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi:

Anyone nearbye? Recently moved to Virginia (Russel County) and Im trying to form a group for the tri state area Tennessee/Virginia/Kentucky. There are some awesome alpine lakes that are only accessible overland, and quite a few class 1 and 2 rivers that are pretty sweet. Im hoping to get some interest locally in packrafts and have a 2021 event or 2 focusing around packrafting, biking, expedition style racing etc.

Anyone interested?

Jamtastical3

Re: Getting A Group Together for Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky

Post by Jamtastical3 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:08 pm

I live in Indiana, but I make it a point to packraft in Tennesse or Kentucky at least a couple times a year, sometimes as many as 5 or 6 times a year. I can paddle up to Class III right now, so I've been heading out to the Big South Fork the most. I don't have any trips planned right now, but that's always changing. Let me know if you're planning anything, I just may be able to head out and join you. I've got a Canyon Flatwater II, a Curiyak, a Yak, and this winter I should be able to finally buy a Wolverine, so I can lend gear to a few other people too. I haven't yet done trips with any other packrafters in the area, I always end up taking people who don't own boats. I'm also interested in fast events, but I don't have a bike. PM me or email - jamtastical3@gmail.com

androidmids

Re: Getting A Group Together for Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky

Post by androidmids » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:03 am

I have a couple mountain bikes, a couple kokopelli rafts, a few inflatabke kayaks, a few Chinese and russian made packrafts as well. I'm usually in the same boat as you, taking friends out with me who don't have their own equipment.

I'm hoping to get a annual adventure race going in our area as well as some regular packrafting. There is a nice river "clinch" class I, II, III depending on flow and all.