Southwest Partners

Looking for a partner or need help with logistics? Post here!
boweellis

Southwest Partners

Post by boweellis » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Hi all,

I live in Taos, NM and looking for partners to packraft with. I'd be fine with driving to meet up in the region - anywhere in and around NM, AZ, CO, UT. If you live in Durango, Cortez, or Pagosa I am passing through your towns all the time!

I would consider myself an intermediate paddler. I started out in a duckie and then transitioned to packraft about 3 years ago. Content in Class 3 and willing to run some Class 4, but usually pretty careful and selective about what harder stuff I do. I've done some multi-day PR trips but still mostly day outings. Above all I'm looking for partners who want to do multi day trips and in particular some rivers further north. I do love getting out in the wilderness! Still would be killer to paddle new rivers in day outings.

I have about 20 years of backpacking, climbing, backcountry skiing, and canyoneering experience and it would be choice to combine any with packrafting. I have a particular fondness for good food on trips, and love to cook. Also won't shy away from a good hot spring.

Bowe

go-with-the-Flo

Re: Southwest Partners

Post by go-with-the-Flo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:54 pm

Hi,
I live in Durango, CO and would like to do some more trips with PR partners.
I transitioned from hard-shell kayaking to PR'ing 6 months ago and I love it. I was a class IV kayaker for many years. In my PR I can so class III so far (I may have done class 3+) and I have spent a lot of time in my boat. I have done many overnight trips this season and I love it.
I have a pretty flexible schedule so contact me for doing rivers in CO, NM, AZ, and UT.
Flo
fchpaillard@gmail.com

ElephantHead

Post by ElephantHead » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:01 am

Hey y’all, I just moved to Tucson from the northeast and am in the same boat (sorry). I’m solid on class 3 and generally comfortable on class 4 as well. I have most Fridays off in addition to weekends so I’d like to spend quite a bit of time paddling this year. I’m planning on heading up to fossil creek in AZ this weekend, do either of you all want to join?

madiiax

Post by madiiax » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:28 am

I'm going to do the Rio Chama this Friday Aug 30th, probably overnight on the river and take out fairly early on Saturday. I'd enjoy company and the opportunity to set a shuttle.

I'm a fairly experienced packrafter and I've been through 4 rounds of swiftwater rescue courses.