The forum for anything related to gear.
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:14 am
Good morning, all!
I work in a university rental shop. Two seasons ago, we bought a fleet of Kokopelli Nirvanas, and after two seasons, they're in rough shape and haven't paid for themselves. We want to keep renting boats, but only if we can, at the very least, break even on them.
So, a few questions:
- Do any shops carry the Bakraft? Are they significantly more durable than the Alpackas and Kokopellis?
- How often do you replace your fleet?
- What level of effort is required to maintain them
- What is, in your experience, the most durable packraft in the ≈12 lbs or less range
Thank you, and happy boating!
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:27 pm
I’ve been looking at grabbing a kokopelli raft this spring and surprised to see yours have not lasted. I’m also looking at the gnarwal but it’s twice the cost. There is no doubt that people are hard on rental gear but 2 years isn’t long if there not being used. How many days on average would you say each boat was rented. When you say rough shape is that mostly patches or are you having dring problems also, or some other issues? How big is your fleet and are they all in roughly the same shape? Thanks for sharing any feedback.