Broken Sawyer Paddle

The forum for anything related to gear.
petewx

Broken Sawyer Paddle

Post by petewx » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 am

Hi,
I busted the end of my Sawyer paddle last (and first!) time out. Since it breaks down into separate parts, I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to pick up just the end (paddle) piece for the Sawyer. Thanks!

-Pete

packraftnewmexico

Re: Broken Sawyer Paddle

Post by packraftnewmexico » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:04 am

Contact the company directly? Perhaps. A story to go along with it usually helps. Like I had to fend off bears with my broken half, stuff like that! :)
Glenn Sveum
A day on the river is not subracted from the days near the end of your life!

jshannon

Post by jshannon » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:27 pm

Yeah, tell them you had to fend off those whitewater alligators.

petewx

Post by petewx » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:44 pm

There's no such thing as whitewater alligators. Everyone knows that alligators only live in New York City sewers... Thanks for the tips!

CST

Post by CST » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:36 pm

funny you mention bears because we had one step on and crack a Sawyer blade just a bit ago.

Arturgreen

Post by Arturgreen » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:32 am

Yeah, I heard that Hig and Erin also had one stepped on and broken by a bear as well...

Arturgreen

Post by Arturgreen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:12 pm

Although I should mention that even after being stepped on and cracked by a bear, their paddle was still usable with a bit of field repair. Not much you can do about that unless you want to hang your paddle in a tree every night. :)

petewx

Post by petewx » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:03 am

Just in case any of you were waiting on baited breath, the good people at Sawyer were able to make my paddle whole again. Thanks to the folks here for their suggestions, to Bruce at Sawyer, and to Andrew at Alpacka for all the assistance a recovering land-lubber could hope for. :)

-Pete

AeroNautiCal

Post by AeroNautiCal » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:54 pm

Hello,
I never had an iota of doubt that Alpacka and Sawyer would address any issue with your paddle and make you a happy paddler, so confident was I that I ordered the Sawyer Packraft Paddle before I read of your happy reunion with your paddle.