Dirty Devil - Reliable Water

General discussion for everything that doesn't fit into the categories below!
jschutz

Dirty Devil - Reliable Water

Post by jschutz » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:42 am

Does anybody know of reliable water sources along the Dirty Devil. Looking at Hanksville to Hite. Flow today is 115cfs, and rising. It looks like Angel Cove Spring has water. I believe that Poison Spring has high alkaline. Can anybody provide beta on this? We're headed out in a couple of days.
Thanks
Josh

sweetpimft2524

Re: Dirty Devil - Reliable Water

Post by sweetpimft2524 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:51 pm

The Dirty Devil River is My New Favorite, Visiting Central Nevada
My time on the Dirty Devil River is over. I say that with a deep sigh. It was one of the best trips I have ever taken- a 14 day solo. I put in on 13 May just below Hanksville. I was loading my boat and gear back into the Landcruiser on 26 May, after having hitchhiked back to the Hanksville BLM office for my truck earlier that morning. I didn’t realize that the 26th was Memorial Day and I was in a bit of shock once I got back to Hanksville seeing the number of rushing people, with their expensive, oversize, manly trucks with barbeque grills strapped in the back towing shiny powerboats back to garages after their inaugural weekend on the ‘lake’ for the year. But enough of that- back to the Dirty Devil.
ruby888 ผ่านเว็บ

Hayduke_Lives!

Post by Hayduke_Lives! » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:56 pm

If you walk an hour or two up almost any major canyon, you can find a seep or spring. Robbers Roost Canyon, No Mans Canyon, Hatch Canyon,and Two Step Canyon all have reliable water just to name a few.
Lake Powell: storage pond, silt trap, evaporation tank and garbage dispose-all, a 180-mile-long incipient sewage lagoon.

DIRTYDEVIL

Post by DIRTYDEVIL » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:58 am

I drank untreated water from poison spring creek with no noticeable ill affects. Then again, I have also drank untreated water from the Snake and other rivers and streams with the same outcome.