Stalls, ferry, flips & tricks (2 in one boat)

Keep swimming when you should be rafting? Share or beg for tips and technique .
LarryBartlett

Stalls, ferry, flips & tricks (2 in one boat)

Post by LarryBartlett » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:58 am

here's another Youtube video from new zealand of my wife and I in one Big Rig packraft with fully self bailing floor. check out some of the maneuvers we were able to pull off. nothing fancy, just cool to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtdUhq2f ... e=youtu.be

cheers,

larry

raven

Re: Stalls, ferry, flips & tricks (2 in one boat)

Post by raven » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Pretty stiff boat. How much air pressure was in the boat's tube or tubes? Is the overall diameter more than 12 inches??

LarryBartlett

Re: Stalls, ferry, flips & tricks (2 in one boat)

Post by LarryBartlett » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:01 am

With a small double action air pump and halkey roberts valves, you can put up to about 6psi, but Feathercraft suggest no more than 3.5-4 psi. With heavy loads and maneuvering control, I like a stiff and rigid boat, so i push the limits a bit on tube air pressure.

The Big Rig has 13" tubes.

With larger tube diameters, i found out quickly that conventional seating in the floor was a nogo for this rig. I designed the seat and cargo sling system to give better paddle control, weight and balance distribution, as well as a more comfortable sitting position for long days in colder water temps.

larry

flameresistant

Disposable Protective Clothing

Post by flameresistant » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 am

Well pack rafting involves a lot...Real fun as well as real danger. Always carry rescue things like disposable protective clothing which really saves you from great dangers and harmful ingredients.