Ironman packraft-a-thon

The south side of the Alaska Range, the Talkeetnas, the Chugach mountains, the Kenai Peninsula and the Wrangells
MarkOathout

Ironman packraft-a-thon

Post by MarkOathout » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Has anyone thought about a race with biking, hiking, and pack rafting, etc.? There could be races for all levels of participants in many areas of the state, and several different routes could be combined to make a race.
Anyway,
MO

eastcoastice

Re: Ironman packraft-a-thon

Post by eastcoastice » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:16 pm

The Wilderness Classic comes to mind...

MarkOathout

Post by MarkOathout » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:53 am

Sorry, I should have been more specific. One which has long mandatory segments of biking, hiking, running, with a combination of quality whitewater runs, different than a remote wilderness race.
An example might be, Boat Willow, bike over to the Little Su and boat it, bike and hike into Granite or Kings, etc. McCarthy has several possibilities also. I guess I was thinking more whitewater with intense biking, and running.
Forgive me if ignorant of any existing races of this sort.
Thanks,
MO

Shaggy

Post by Shaggy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:46 am

Ski-to-Sea, in Washington, often has (I think) downhill skiing, cross country skiing, mountain biking, road biking, running, canoeing, and perhaps sea kayaking. Brings to mind the possibility of a cool AK variant: start on a mountaintop, end on an island?
All posts are personal opinions only.

"Boldness has a genius, power, and magic." -Goethe

mtboy

Post by mtboy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:20 pm